Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nov 14-17 Countdown to the Final Presentation

This has been quite a busy week, but not very interesting for blog readers, I'm afraid.

Monday - Heads down work on writing our final report and creating our final presentation. We worked from 8 am to 11 pm and I didn't even stick my head outside of the hotel all day. But we made great progress and felt a real sense of accomplishment by the end of the day.

Tuesday - See Monday - Ditto. Oh wait - we walked down the street for lunch. Big day! hahaha

Wednesday - I woke up very much under the weather. I must have eaten something bad. Maybe lunch on Tuesday? The Vision 2030 subteam had their final presentation, and I hear it was very well received by their client. I unfortunately had to miss it since I spent the morning in my bed. ("Nuf said" about that - I'm better now.)

Thursday - The team said good bye to Machakos and transferred to Nairobi. It was sad to say goodbye to the hotel staff who have become our friends for the past four weeks. This is a cake the hotel staff made for us at dinner on Wednesday night. 









This is the team packing up in front of the garden Hotel. LOTS of luggage!






Once we got to Nairobi, the Kenya Assoc. of Manufacturers (KAM) subteam did their final presentation, which again was very well received by the client. In fact they presented each of us with KAM / IBM CSC mementos and gave us a lovely lunch on the lawn!  Very nice! 
In the afternoon we had a meeting with the Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Information and Communications. Dr. Ndemo was very personable and engaging. He was involved with all the previous CSC Kenya teams, and although none of our projects touch his Ministry directly, he still wanted to meet us and hear about the work we have been doing.





On a personal note, this has been a very difficult week to be away from home. I wish I was there to support my family and friends in person and help in any way I can. You know who you are, and I want to send you all my love and tell you that you are in my thoughts.  xoxo 






So tomorrow, Friday, is our team's turn! We say they saved the best for last. 
We will present our project findings, recommendations and final report at 9 am to the Senior Leaders at the Ministry of Higher Education, Science & Technology. (MoHEST). After that we will have a meeting at the IBM Nairobi office to wrap up with the local team. Watch out for tomorrow's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment